Saturday, April 24, 2010

When old men act like children and your food moves...

Just another beautiful day in Korea. My smile simply will not fade from the glorious day I had at an island near my town.

It began with hiking up cliff faces and crags to see the beautiful sea of my town. Picture below:






We experienced our own adrenalin pumping playtime by racing one another up cliff faces and almost falling to our doom:







A quick detour was made when my companions and I heard old men giggling like little school boys and drinking too much, but just enough Soju (traditional Korean alcohol). Nothing beats old men and board games for a way to put a smile on your face and feel at peace with your own aging:







And for dessert, we had raw fish that was brought to our plates still moving. Yummm, the smell of the salty sea:







I just wanted to share this adventure with you all as it made me so happy!!!

1 comment:

  1. So were the gesticulating Happy Meals as delicious as they were mobile? Did you feel the thrill of the predator as your teeth mashed the very life out of writhing grubs and what appears to be a sentient cactus? I assume the bottle in the background contains a powerful alcohol which helps to calm the postprandial wiggle-waggles.

    ReplyDelete